Ian Rylatt, Potter
I was born and raised in Lincoln, and attended Lincoln College of Art. I then went onto Manchester Polytechnic, and have been a self employed potter since 1988.
All my pots are hand thrown and constructed pieces, fired in an electric kiln, generally to stoneware temperatures 1260°- 80°c. My work has always centred around the teapot. It is a form which has intrigued me since college, and has led me to make the things on this site.
I was a founding member of Harding House Gallery, begun in 1990, which is an art & craft cooperative in Lincoln. I remained a member until 2004 when I moved to Wales. Since then I have been a member of South wales potters. In 2010 I became a member of the Makers Guild of wales, where my work is exhibited, in its gallery, Craft in the Bay in Cardiff.
Ian’s work can be seen at these events:
- ‘Earth & Fire’, Rufford, 24 – 26 June 2016
- ‘Art in Clay’, Hatfield, 19 – 21 August 2016
- ‘Potfest in the Park’, 29 – 31 July 2016
- Ceramic Wales, Glyndwr University, Wrexham, 2 – 3 September 2016
- Bowls, Craft in the Bay Cardiff, 11 March – 7 May 2017